For all non-flooded R22 systems operating at high, medium, and low temperature, down to -20ºF evaporating temperature.
- RS-44b has the same flow rate as R22
- RS-44b operates at a similar discharge pressure as R22 and lower pressure than R407A & C, R422B & D, R417a and R427A.
- RS-44b has the benefit of lower energy consumption;
- RS-44b operates at near cooling capacity of R22 in both A/C and Refrigeration applications down to -20⁰F evap. temp
- RS-44b is the lowest GWP HFC R22 replacement on the market at 1664 TAR and is Zero Ozone Depleting.
- Inadvertently mixing RS-44b with R22 is not harmful to the system. This has been verified in Europe, where RS-44b has been on the market for 15 years. If a service technician unwittingly mixes RS-44b with R22, there will be no harm to the system or its components. However, in the U.S., the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) strictly prohibits deliberately mixing refrigerants and will assess fines and penalties to address the violation. Furthermore, the Pressure/Temperature (P/T) Chart for either refrigerant will also become inaccurate.
- RS-44b is good for cap tube and TXV systems. It has been operating in all types of systems with all types of compressors worldwide since 2013.
- RS-44 is produced in Texas, the UK and Spain.
- RS-44b requires no oil or system component changes
- RS-44b is certified A-1 by ASHRAE (non-toxic and non-flammable)
Retrofit procedure guide for replacing R22 with RS-44b.
See how RS-44b stacks up in this performance comparison with six other similar refrigerants.
Take a look at RS-44b's safety data.
Comparison data with R22, including Liquid Bubble Points and Vapor Dew Points.
Advantages of using RS-44b over RS-44.
Full data package for RS-44b.
Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate your interest in our innovative products.
As of January 1, 2018, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires buyers of regulated refrigerants containing CFCs, HFCs or HFOs to be certified technicians or registered wholesalers.
If you’re a technician, you will be asked to complete a short form and upload your
license to complete your order in the cart.
If you’re a wholesaler, you’ll need to complete an application and upload a sales and use tax resale certificate. Once you’ve been approved (usually within two business days), you will be entitled to buy our products at wholesale prices.