For systems using R404
RS-50 (R-442A) refrigerant is compliant with the new European regulations due to its low global warming potential (GWP). At a GWP of 1888, RS-50 is less than 50% compared to R-404A and R-507. Additional advantages when compared to R-507, R-404A and the other HFC solutions currently on the market are:
- RS-50 has up to 30% higher cooling capacity compared to R404a
- RS-50 offers a much better coefficient of performance (COP) at low temperatures
- The heat exchangers have better heat transfer, reducing the operating time
- of the compressors
- Energy savings from RS-50 lead to quick return of investment
- Current system owners have already seen energy savings of approximately 25%
The systems that were originally designed for or converted to the refrigerants R-404A, R-507, R-407F, R-407A, can easily be replaced by RS-50, with no important modifications necessary. This is a “drop-in” direct conversion, without changing the type of oil or any of the main components. The only modifications necessary are:
- Adapting the temperature of the set points to RS-50
- Changing the aperture of the expanson valves, due to mass flow of RS-50 being 40% lower than R404A
Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate your interest in our innovative products.
As of January 1, 2018, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires buyers of regulated refrigerants containing CFCs, HFCs or HFOs to be certified technicians or registered wholesalers.
If you’re a technician, you will be asked to complete a short form and upload your
license to complete your order in the cart.
If you’re a wholesaler, you’ll need to complete an application and upload a sales and use tax resale certificate. Once you’ve been approved (usually within two business days), you will be entitled to buy our products at wholesale prices.