For R22 replacement in medium and low temperature applications and in chillers with flooded/recirc. evaporators with saturated suction temperature of 19ºF and below, such as ice rinks, cold storage, chemical plant process cooling and more.
- Capacity: RS-45 (R434a) is unique in being a capacity match for R22 across the range of applications where R22 is commonly found. No other refrigerant mirrors the capacity of R22 at low temperature (-31 F/ -35 C evap) and high temperature (+45 F/ +7 C evap).
- Coefficient Of Performance: RS-45 (R434a) has a Coefficient Of Performance (COP)which matches R22 .
- Glide: RS-45 is a near azeotropic blend with a very low glide of 1.5 C mking it the best alternative in R22 flooded/Recirc. evaporators/systems.
- Compression Ratio: RS-45 has a compression ratio which matches R22 across the range of applications where R22 is commonly found.
- Lubricants: RS-45 is suitable with mineral oil ( MO), alkylbenzene (AB) and synthetic oils like polyolester (POE) and polyalkyglycol (PAG) oils. The ability to use mineral oil both reduces cost and avoids the use of hygoscopic synthetic oils which can absorb moisture during maintenance and leaks. POE oil also compromises seals and gaskets resulting in leaks.
- Other RS-45 Attributes: Non-flammable, Zero ODP, similar discharge pressure as R22 and considerably lower discharge temperature than R22; which provides significant operating benefits including a much lower risk of oil degradation.
Why it is important to replace R22 now.
Brownstone Ice Rink.
An environmentally friendly retrofit for two 8,000 lb. flooded chillers.
Houston, TX chemical plant flooded chiller conversion from R22 to RS-45
Ice rink technical bulletin.
System Volume Guide
Flooded System Points
Take a look at RS-45's safety data.
Full data package for R22 flooded chiller systems and RS-45 replacement.
We appreciate your interest in our effective and innovative ComStar products.
As of January 1, 2018, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires all buyers of refrigerants that contain CFCs, HCFCs or HFCs to be certified technicians.
You will be asked to complete this short form and upload your technician’s certified ID to complete your order in the cart.
Comstar International Inc.
Refrigerant Purchase Certification Form
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency places restrictions on the purchase of Class I, Class II, and other regulated refrigerants. In order for purchases to be made, the purchaser must certify to one of the following: